Rules & guidelines
- Make sure your code conforms to
- Don’t alter the coding style of existing files.
- Keep the implementations short and simple.
- Words containing any of
- The program’s working directory must be the project root.
- You can skip checking for
If possible, separate the code into 3 or 4 sections (with a blank line):
- Importing/including (if necessary).
- Declaring variables & reading the file.
- Finding the longest words.
- Printing the longest words.
If possible, use the following variable names for consistency:
words: List/array of words read from
longest: List/array of the longest words.
invalid: Regular expression of invalid letters.
maxlen: Length of the longest word(s).
All implementations should produce the following output:
Adding a new language
- Name the file according to the language it was written in.
- Place the file inside a folder named after the language family.
- Add the new language to the README (
- Add a new target for the language to the Makefile, if needed.
- Add any required packages or steps to the workflow.
- Add any compiler/editor-generated files to
- Add a new test for the language in
- If it cannot be tested, explain why in a comment within the file.